Contact Us

If you would like to raise any issues with Satley Parish Council, please contact:

The Parish Clerk

Land House Farm





Tel: 01388 730 900 / 07717 454 190

new email address:


Police Contact:

In an emergency dial 999 (or 112)

The Police Community Support Officer for Satley is:-


Consett NPT

Rural Beat I2C

Fin 0405

Tel 101 Ext 75 2446

Delivering excellent policing, inspiring confidence in victims and our communities by:

Protecting Neighbourhood, Tackling Criminals, Solving Problems, Around the Clock.


For defective street lights, blocked drain gullies or other footpath and road issues you can contact the Durham County Council Highways Action Line (HAL). Please have the light number, nearest postcode, or other means of accurately identifying the exact location for the engineers to attend.

HAL is Durham County Council's 'Highways Action Line', a one-stop call centre set up to allow you to quickly and easily report any road and lighting defects and hazards. You can call HAL on 0191 370 6000.

Roads and pavements

Damaged pavements and potholes on the roads can cause injury to pedestrians and damage to vehicles. Such defects pose an even greater danger to children, older people and cyclists, so if you see anything in need of repair then give HAL a call on 0191 370 6000.

Street Lights

Unfortunately, many street lights are put out of action by vandalism as well as through malfunction. Broken lights make our streets dark, causing even the shortest journeys to be more worrying. If you see a street light out of action then get it fixed by calling HAL on 0191 370 6000. Please try to quote the column number when reporting street lighting as it helps for a speedier repair. Remember live electrical wires can kill. If you see exposed wires on street lights, call HAL immediately and they will make the repair a top priority.

Traffic Lights

Traffic light faults can mean delays, traffic jams and accidents. Give HAL a call on 0191 370 6000 to get things moving again.

Blocked Road Drains

Blocked gullies are a problem as rainwater causes flooding when it can't drain away. If you see a problem then call HAL on 0191 370 6000

You can also report Road and Lighting faults directly through the online report forms:

Report a Street Lighting Fault

Report a Highways/Road Fault Contact